Missed last week but we are back at it. 4 more weeks until the first half of the season wraps up. I know we won’t be bowling on Christmas or New Years Days so that leaves 4 weeks until then.
Two Strikes Shorts Of A Turkey is leading the standings with a chase pack of about 8 teams in striking distance. Remember that 4 and 0 weeks can quickly jump ANY team up the standings.
- Revenge of the Split took care of business on the bye winning all 4 games, which is what teams should do. Neil Dessecker put the team on his back for games 1 and 2 with a 210 & 194, ~ 40 pins over his average.
- Bowling Green Massacre swept the Gentlemen’s Club with a solid team performance. Andrew and Greg came out of the gates firing being 32 and 42 pins over their avg respectively. This built a big 100+ pin lead into game 2 where they over powered CG for the W. The 3rd game was closer but BGM had the upper hand and closed it out. CG was off their game tonight.
- Prestige Worldwide took it to the Pounders right out of the gate. A slow start by PP, after having to throw with no warm ups, set the tone. PW started off the night with the highest team game of the evening, 845, to take game 1. This was led by a 278 by yours truly after running off the first 9. Game 2 saw PW with more consistent team bowling winning by 60. Patrick T got hot in game 2 with a 245. The 3rd game had the team total out of hand as PP was trying to take 1. As such, PP had enough fight in them to eke out the 3rd game by a single pin. PW notched their highest ever team series, 2,399, and my first ever 700+ series.
- TSSoaT added 3 games to their win total over Rooster Illusion. Game 1 was decided by 5 pins as Warren lead TSSoaT with a 223 and the victory. Game 2 saw nice team balance from TSSoaT as they averaged 200 a bowler to take game 3. Jeff Watts shows up for game 3 and rallies his team to take 1 with a 202 out of the blocks. Ed Mount rolled well bowling 16 pins over average.
- Banana Split used Mike Richman’s 268 to win game 1 vs the Manly Men. Game 2 was more BS as the team was able to win by 20 pins on fine team bowling. Manly Men took advantage of an off game 3 by BS led by Aaron Draeylo who rolled 20+ pins over average on the night. The Manly Men will continue to tough it out with only 2 bowlers a night as the absentees are killing their chances.
- Strike You laid some pipe tonight (no one read this) against Anything But the Bottom to take all 4. With 3 straight games between 790 and 796, this is the Strike You we’ve come to expect. They are lurking in 7th place but I’ve seen it before, this team is lethal at the end of the season.
- Rack City took 3 from the short staffed South Philly Leisure Sports. Nichole had pre-bowled and Emery was absent to take a shot at Rack City. Scott Gingrich didn’t fuck around as he set the single high series, 744, for our league (ousting…himself). Rack City posed the highest scratch series of the week with a 2412. Chris Cribbs continues his sharp bowling with another 600+ series. I’m sure Rich disappointed himself with his series but I sense a break out is coming. Anthony on SPLS put up a nice 577 as he blew another chance at a bracket victory.