If there’s one thing I learned about bowling in this league, it’s that Rich Curro can’t get enough of bowling stats. Here is a recap of week 1:
- Strike You, led by Trevor Meister’s league high 679 series, rolled through the Cheerleaders Gentleman’s club with a clean sweep. They have set the league bar with a team high series of 2435.
- South Philly Leisure Sports got off the long rest with a slow start spotting Game 1 to the punny, KellyAnne Conway referenced, Bowling Green Massacre. SPLS stormed back to take games 2 and 3 under the strong games of Emery and Nichole.
- Rack City stretched Prestige Worldwide taking 3 of 4 games with solid performances all around. New member Scott Gingrich adds some serious revs to the anchor spot.
- Two Strikes Short of a Turkey put on a monster team performance with a total series of 2415 pins, 2nd best in the league. It should be noted that the 854 team game high has also been set by TSSoaT. This led them to a 4-0 win over new league members Revenge of the Split. Don’t let this rude introduction to the league deter any enthusiasm.
- The Pocket Pounders, led by Patrick Tapales 193 avg, bowled well enough to take a 3-1 win over Anything But The Bottom. Expect Bobby Rodgers to come back next week looking for vengence.
- New members Rooster Illusion made a clean sweep of new members Manly Men. There must have been some clutch performances in the last 2 games as the pin count was decided by 6 and 14 pins. Jeff Watt led the Roosters with a 186 average.