I’m aware that week 9 was started last night, but I never got a chance to recap 8, and I have to wait for the League Secretary results to do the brackets, so I’m going to do a shortened version of a week 8 recap until the new stats come out.
- Prestige Worldwide took 3 from the Gentlemens’ Club with not much drama. CGC took game 1 with Nick Meyers balling out 39 pins above his average. Game 2 saw the Stortz brothers throw up a 219 and 244 to win game 2. The 3rd game saw Mike Reiter get hot with a 181, but it wasn’t enough to overcome a 235 from Tom and 224 from Jordan in the 3rd game. PW moved to .500 and CGC is looking to rebound strongly the next week. Definitely no foreshadowing.
- Judging by the scores of Anything But The Bottom vs Rack City, it was probably the game of the week. Game 1 was decided by 37 pins, game 2 by 11, and game 3 by 12. Rack City took 3 of 4 but lets give some props to ABTB for staying tough all 3 games. Rack City had the highest league series total this week with 2396, led by the 2nd league high series total 724 by Scott Gingrich. Chris Cribbs has also been consistent with a solid 640 series. On ABTB, Bobby rolled a 611 and Chris Leffbine was 15 pins above his average.
- In a back and forth shoot out, South Philly Leisure Sports and Two Strikes Short of a Turkey bowled to a 2-2 split. Monster games by Nichole in game 2 (299) and Rich Anderson in game 3 (289) were quite impressive. Rich’s 653 season kept his league high average at 221. TSSofT stays at the top of the leaders board tied with Rack City while South Philly stayed at .500
- Banana Split took it to Rooster Illusion to snag all 4 games. Mike Richman continues his strong performance posting the 2nd high total of the night at 687. Consistent bowling from the rest of the team, with spotlight on Joey To’s 256, helped earn the victory. Greg Mortka rolled 11 pins above his average for RI.
- Pocket Pounders came out of the gate hot with an 877 to start set the tone for the game. This gave them an early lead which Revenge of the Split couldn’t quite overcome in total. Oddly though after a hot start, they started to fizzle and RofS pounced in game 3 with a big game from Nicole of 187. RotS stays in 4th while the PP’s move slightly above .500
- Strike You had the bye week and got off to a slow start only to rebound and take 3 of 4. They also posted the high team game of the week at 879. Robert White had a solid 677 series to continue his strong bowling on the year.
- Bowling Green Massacre pulled the broom out on Manly Men to take all 4. Ben Herman’s 182 was 69 pins above average which would generally be league best except for some near perfect games.. Andrew Bennan also fired a 172 in game 2 for a 38 pin advantage. Manly Men moved to 15 and 17 on the season while BGM jumped up 4 games.